Track and field secure four gold medals at Alumni Muster

Texas+State+graduate+student+sprinter+Daniel+Harrold+%2811%29+competes+in+the+Charles+Austin+Classic%2C+Saturday%2C+March+23%2C+2024%2C+at+the+Texas+State+Track+%26+Field+Complex.+
Texas State graduate student sprinter Daniel Harrold (11) competes in the Charles Austin Classic, Saturday, March 23, 2024, at the Texas State Track & Field Complex.

The Texas State track and field team won five gold medals Saturday at the Alumni Muster in College Station, Texas.

Graduate student sprinter Dominick Yancy clocked a time of 47 seconds to take home the only men’s gold medal of the meet in the 400-meter dash event. 

Freshman thrower Alberto Archundia placed second in men’s discus with a toss of 43.28 meters. Sam Houston junior thrower Dominykas Cepys took first with a 44.19-meter toss.

The 4×400 relay team of senior sprinters Shawn Collins and Brian West II and graduate student sprinters Taahir Kelly and Yancy narrowly finished behind Texas A&M’s 3:07 time.

Sophomore sprinter Taejha Badal stood out for the Bobcats, claiming first in the women’s 200-meter dash event and finishing third in the 100-meter dash.

Dominating the women’s hammer throw and taking first place, freshman thrower Lara Roberts recorded a 65-meter mark, almost 10 meters ahead of the second-place throw.

Freshman Alexia Macias ran a personal best time of 4 minutes and 36 seconds to finish first overall in the women’s 1500-meter event.

The Bobcats will look to continue their success in Austin at the Texas Invitational on Saturday, April 27, the final meet before the Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Championships.