Police respond to two shooting incidents, make one arrest

The San Marcos Police Department responded to two incidents involving the discharge of firearms, one resulting in the shooting of an individual and the other resulting in an arrest.
At approximately 2:35 a.m. on Nov. 15, SMPD officers were dispatched to The Retreat at 512 Craddock Ave. for the discharge of a firearm. An investigation concluded that there had been a party at one of the apartments, and as the party dispersed into the parking lot, a physical disturbance occurred.
Police say an unidentified Black male pulled out a hand gun and fired one round into the air and one toward the crowd of party goers, resulting in an 18-year-old male being shot in the arm and chest. The victim was transported to Premier ER by friends before being transported to Ascension Seton Hays Hospital by Hays County EMS. Police say while the male’s condition is currently unknown, he is expected to recover. 
At this time, the shooter has not being identified or located. Police ask anyone with surveillance video or information about the incident or shooter contact Detective Spriegel at 512-753-2369 or [email protected].
In an earlier incident Nov. 13, SMPD officers responded to Village at Telluride at 301 Telluride St. #4151 at approximately 3:31 a.m. for the discharge of a firearm. A complaint stated approximately five shots were heard from the apartment and that a white sedan was seen leaving the area. 
Police say upon arriving to the apartment, SMPD was in disarray and met with a person inside who said they did not live there, but that two males who did live at the apartment were involved in a physical altercation and that one of the males was upstairs. 
Police spoke with Garrett Allen Howe, 22, of San Marcos in his bedroom. Police say he had visible injuries to his face and that he confirmed he and his roommate had been fighting, but he did not hear gun shots or know anything regarding shots being fired. 
Police say a black handgun of the same caliber as the shells recovered outside the apartment was observed inside the third roommate’s bedroom. The handgun was collected along with the shell casings. 
Police say Howe had warrants outside of Hays County and had a small bag of drugs in his pocket. Howe was arrested for Assault Causing Bodily Injury (outstanding warrant) and Possession of a Controlled Substance. Howe was later released from the Hays County Jail Nov. 14 on a $9,000 bond for both offenses.