Men’s golf wraps up two-day tournament at the Louisiana Classics

Graphic by Shayan Faradineh | Managing Editor

After two days and three rounds, the Texas State Men’s golf team finished in eighth place out of 15 teams to end the Louisiana Classics at Oakbourne CC in Lafayette, Louisiana Tuesday, Feb. 27.
The Bobcats finished with a total of 2-over par 866.
Picking up first place was third-ranked Texas A&M, with a total of 29-under par 835. The Aggies’ Dan Erickson triumphed the individual title after going 10-under 206.
Leading the Bobcats was Logan Lockwood, sophomore, who put up scores of 71, 73 and 71 for a 1-under 215.
Lockwood finished the two-day tournament with a total of eight birdies and seven bogeys which left him in a tie for 21st place with three other golfers.
Logan Davis, redshirt junior, sunk eight birdies to finish at even par 216. Davis’ final scores for the tournament were 73, 70 and 73. Davis tied for 25th with four other opponents.
Coming in after Davis was Calvin Ross, sophomore, who finished at 1-over par 217. He posted rounds of 72, 71 and 74. Ross shot three consecutive birdies in the second round on the sixth, seventh and eighth hole. He then finished his third round with two bogeys on the 17th and 18th hole.
Alvaro Carol Estrems, junior, shot 2-over 216, placing a stroke behind Ross. His scores after two days were 74, 70 and 74. His first day saw an eagle on the seventh hole, and his last two rounds of golf saw a total of eight birdies.
Finishing last was Lucas Mylet, redshirt freshman, with a total of 23-over 239. The redshirt freshman saw two triple bogeys, four double bogeys, 13 bogeys and four birdies throughout the two-day tournament.
Texas State finished one stroke over Sam Houston State, but bested both The University of Texas San Antonio and Toledo by six strokes.
Next, the Bobcats will travel to Irving, Texas, to compete in the Bob Sitton Invitational which will take place March 12-14 at the TPC Four Seasons.