Texas State men’s golf ties for ninth at ORU/SFA Spring Break Invitational 

The Texas State men’s golf team ended the three-day ORU/SFA Spring Break Challenge tournament tied at ninth place with Arkansas at 48-over 900. The spring break tournament took place at the TPF Four Seasons Las Colinas in Irving, Texas.
Alvaro Calvo Estrem, junior, tied for 19th individually, carding 8-over 221. His first round consisted of 5 birdies, three of them consecutive on no. 3, no. 4 and no. 5 and 6 bogeys. The second round saw 3 birdies, 5 bogeys and one triple bogey on no. 6. He carded 5 birdies, 5 bogeys and 1 double bogey to finish the tournament.
Finishing tied for 36th was Inigo Beneran, sophomore, with 12-over 221. His first round saw just 1 birdie and 5 bogeys. The second round Beneran carded 3 birdies, 2 bogeys, 1 double bogey as well as 1 triple bogey. His last round saw 1 birdie and 5 bogeys.
Logan Lockwood, sophomore, and Logan Davis, redshirt junior, both tied for 59th place with four other golfers with a score of 17-over 230.
Calvin Ross, sophomore, tied for 71st place with 21-over 234.
Winning the tournament was North Texas at 13-over par 865. Coming in second place was Rice at 16-over 868 and third place was Illinois State at 18-over 870.
Next for Texas State is the Lone Star Invitational March 19-20 at the Briggs Ranch Golf Club.