Haydel named to ESPN All-America Team

Texas State wide receiver Jeremiah Haydel jumps to catch a pass during the fourth quarter against the Wyoming Cowboys, Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019 at Bobcat Stadium.

While in preparation for the 2021 NFL Draft, Texas State wide receiver Jeremiah Haydel can add another accomplishment to his resume: ESPN College Football All-American.
Haydel sits on the list, released Dec. 22, among other standout players across the country, including Alabama Crimson Tide running back Najee Harris, Florida tight end Kyle Pitts and Texas linebacker Joseph Ossai. Haydel was honored in the special teams category for his kick returning abilities.
For kick returns this season, Haydel averaged 25.2 yards (479 total) on 19 attempts and a touchdown. He added 16 punt returns for an average of 13 yards (208 total) and a touchdown. 
Haydel played all 12 games for the Bobcats and garnered 40 receptions and six touchdowns. As a receiver, he scored four touchdowns, gleaned 408 yards and averaged 10.2 yards per reception — all accomplishments that led to his declaration for the draft Nov. 30. 
Haydel was an Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Honorable Mention in week three, received Sun Belt Special Teams Player of the Week Nov. 16 and was named to the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll Nov. 24.
He was an All-Sun Belt Honorable Mention in 2018 and named to the 2019 Athlon Sports 2019 All-Sun Belt Conference Third Team.
For his Texas State career, Haydel played in 47 games, averaged 11.9 yards on 96 receptions and had 11 touchdowns.