SMPD investigates three deadly conduct incidents

Star file photo

The San Marcos Police Department asks the public to assist with two ongoing investigations into deadly conduct incidents after apprehending a suspect in a third incident.
On Oct. 3 at approximately 1:55 a.m., officers say they were dispatched to the Cottages at San Marcos at the 1400 block of Craddock Ave. in response to reports of a deadly conduct discharge of a firearm. 
According to officers, witnesses on scene said they heard multiple gunshots near building 1100. Police say the witnesses described two black males, one male wearing a red shirt and jeans and the second male wearing a white shirt and jeans, running away from the scene and leaving the area in a red Dodge Charger.
On Oct. 4 at approximately 1:04 a.m., officers say they were dispatched to The Thompson at the 1600 block of Mill St. in response to reports of another deadly conduct discharge of a firearm.
Police say witnesses described a confrontation between two groups of party goers who started firing gunshots without hitting anyone.  They say witnesses advised that some of the individuals entered into a grey Ford F150 and fled the area, but they were unable to provide a description of the offenders.    
On Oct. 4 at approximately 3:38 a.m., officers were dispatched to The Retreat Apartments at the 500 block of Craddock Ave. in response to a new incident with reports of a deadly conduct discharge of a firearm.
Officers say they learned from the victim that he was having a party when unknown males attempted to enter. Police say the unknown males were denied entry, and one of them threw a rock and broke a window to the apartment. They say a witness heard another male from the group state they were going to shoot, and then saw the subject fire one shot into the air. The offenders then fled in a white Dodge Charger, according to police.
Officers say they located the vehicle and identified the offender who fired the weapon to be Checotah Lane Peachee, 24, from Rowlett, Texas. Peachee was arrested and charged with deadly conduct.
Officers recovered the weapon believed to have been used in the incident.  During the investigation, officers say they were able to identify the offender who threw the rock, and a warrant will be forthcoming.