5-run seventh inning pushes Bobcats over Warhawks

Krista Jacobs pitches the ball to a waiting player at bat. Photo by Kate Connors.

A five-run seventh inning would be the difference in the game as Texas State defeated the University of Louisiana Monroe Warhawks 8-2.
With the win, the Bobcats have won the weekend series and will go for the sweep Sunday.
Texas State drew first blood in the first inning as the Bobcats batted in two runs. However, the Warhawks would respond by scoring two runs of their own in the bottom of the first to tie the game.
After a scoreless second inning, shortstop Tara Oltmann hit a sacrifice fly to retake the lead at 3-2.
Heading into the seventh inning, Texas State still held their 3-2 lead. After second basemen Bailey Carter scored on a wild pitch, Haleigh Davis hit a one-run double to extend the Bobcat lead to 5-2. Texas State would again on a passed ball before ArieAnn Bell hit a 2-run home run to seal the win 8-2.
Dalilah Barrera earned the win as she moved her pitching record to 6-3. Barrera pitched through 5.2 innings with 5 strikeouts and an ERA of 2.00. Krista Jacobs earned her first save of the season with 1 strikeout and a shutout of the bottom of the seventh.