Bobcats fall short to Texas A&M

Graphic by Shayan Faradineh | Managing Editor

The Texas State softball team fell to no. 7 Texas A&M University, 6-3, March 3 in day two of the Texas A&M Invitational.
Day two of the invitational began with Randi Rupp, senior right handed pitcher, sitting the Aggies down in order in the bottom of the first inning.
In the top of third, a two-out rally got the Bobcats on the board. Christiana McDowell, sophomore outfielder, singled to right field to score Haleigh Davis, sophomore infielder, from second. The RBI single tied the game at 1-1 after the Aggies scored a run in the bottom of the second.
The Aggies got a four-spot including a pair of home runs in the bottom of third. The Aggies were in the lead and the Bobcats fell in order at the top of the fourth.
Rupp had a clean sheet in the bottom of the fourth which left the bases loaded in fifth. In the bottom of fifth, the Aggies had another home run on the board.
The Bobcats attempted a comeback in the top of the sixth, scoring a pair of runs to cut into the Texas A&M lead. Davis went deep for the Bobcats with a two-home run to left field, scoring Jaclyn Molenaar, senior outfielder.
The Bobcats fought until the end, yet they came up short to the Aggies. Texas State’s offense dispersed six hits in the ball game.
The Bobcats will finish the tournament with the Utah Utes Sunday morning. The game is a rematch of Texas State’s 6-1 victory from the first day of the tournament. The first pitch is scheduled for 9 a.m.