Police arrest man from November armed incidents

An image of the Chevrolet Impala described by police. 

Update: Dec 31, 11:13 a.m. 

The San Marcos Police department arrested a man Dec. 29 believed to have been involved in the Nov. 17 armed home invasion and Nov. 20 armed assault, robbery and auto theft at the Grove Apartments. 
Police arrested Demarques Milan Whitehurst, 21, of San Antonio on two counts of Burglary Habitation Intend Other Felony, one count count of Aggravated Robbery and one count of Aggravated Kidnapping. Whitehurst remains in the Hays County Jail with $300,000 bond.   
Police detectives determined Whitehurst as part of the armed incidents after executing search and arrest warrants at Whitehurst’s apartment in San Antonio. Police found firearms, ammunition and items belonging to the victim which were stolen in the Nov. 20 incident.  
San Marcos Police detectives have yet to identify Whitehurst’s accomplices and locate the stolen Chevrolet Tahoe. Anyone with information on the incident or the whereabouts of the stolen Tahoe can contact Detective Aubry at 512-753-2309 or [email protected].   

Original Brief 

The San Marcos Police Department is seeking assistance locating an armed robbery suspect following an incident at The Grove apartments.
According to a press release, at approximately 12:05 p.m. on Nov. 17, an individual in all black clothing with a black ski mask, identified as a 6-foot-2-inch male, kicked in a front door of an occupied apartment at 1150 E. River Ridge Pkwy. 
“After forcing entry into the apartment, the offender proceeded to open bedroom doors and came face to face with a female victim inside one of the bedrooms,” the press release states.  “The armed intruder pointed a handgun at her for a short period before exiting the apartment.”  

Police say the suspect and an unknown driver fled, in a dented (front hood) 2006-2013 white Chevrolet Impala with tinted windows, and went southbound on IH-35. 

In a Nov. 17 statement released to The University Star after the incident occurred, the City said the following: ”The San Marcos Police Department responded to a Burglary of Habitation at The Grove Apartments but a suspect was not apprehended.  The male suspect was armed with a gun, but no shots were fired during the incident. Police advise that everyone in the neighborhood be alert, stay vigilant and say something, if they see something.”

Anyone information about the incident or the vehicle should contact Detective Aubry at 512.753.2306 or [email protected]

• Star file photo