Texas State men’s basketball sweep Arkansas teams, weekend

After a fast break down the court, Texas State senior guard Nijal Pearson dunks to increase a lead over Arkansas State, Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020, at Strahan Arena.

Texas State (17-10, 10-6 Sun Belt) swept Arkansas State for the regular season, picking up another win by defeating the Red Wolves 69-64 on Saturday afternoon at Strahan Arena.
The Bobcats got out to a quick start, holding the Red Wolves to 19.2% shooting and going into halftime with a 31-13 lead.
Texas State maintained a double-digit lead up until the 2:59 mark in the second half. The Red Wolves managed to cut the lead down to three, but junior guard Marlin Davis stopped their comeback with two clutch free throws to seal the game.
Senior guard Nijal Pearson had a game-high 27 points and became the first Bobcat ever to score 500 or more points in three consecutive seasons. Senior forward Eric Terry also scored in double-digits with 10 points.
The Bobcats are now within two games of the first-place spot in the Sun Belt and will see a chance to come even closer as they return to Strahan Arena on Thursday to take on Georgia Southern.