Texas State discontinues warming shuttles following power restoration

Texas State shuttle driver Jessie Price waits at one of his stops, Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021, outside the LBJ Student Center.  The university community returned to campus for the first day of the spring semester.

Update: Feb. 19, noon

Texas State says power has been restored to the majority of campus, and the warming shuttles have been discontinued.

Update: Feb. 17, 6:27 p.m.

The university has announced a third warming bus location at the Bobcat Village apartments bus stop located at 1301 Aquarena Springs Dr.

Update: Feb. 17, 2:13 p.m.

The university announced it has an additional two warming buses at the corner of Reed and Moore streets near Blanco Hall.
Original Story 
The University has deployed Bobcat Shuttles on campus to serve as warming buses amid current winter weather conditions.
Students living on or off campus can access the buses located at the Lantana Hall Bus Stop on the San Marcos campus beginning Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. and use them as place to warm up.
While the shuttles will be available overnight, the university is asking students not to plan overnight stays on shuttle. All COVID-19 protocols such as wearing face masks are required.
The University Star will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.