San Marcos police kill man following IH-35 altercation

UPDATE: April 15, 3:32 p.m. 
The man killed in the April 10 officer involved shooting has been identified as 31-year-old Rescue Eram, according to the San Marcos Police Department (SMPD).
Eram resided in the San Marcos area for the last few years, according to authorities. Next of kin has been notified. 
The Texas Rangers Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety and the San Marcos Police Department Criminal Investigations division are conducting a joint investigation of the incident. An internal investigation by SMPD has also been opened. 
Original Story
San Marcos police killed a man in the early morning hours of April 10 following an incident on IH-35.
Police say officers were alerted to a man walking in traffic on IH-35 shortly after midnight. Officers say they tried to detain the man upon arrival but were unsuccessful after multiple attempts.
Officers claim the man charged them while holding a “knife or similar object” and was subsequently shot. After multiple live saving efforts following the incident, Justice of the Peace Maggie H. Moreno later pronounced the man dead. 
Police say the man had no identification on person and, upon identification by the medical examiner, next of kin will be notified. 
Two officers are currently on administrative leave as a result of the incident, per administrative policy. The Texas Rangers, San Marcos Criminal Investigation Division and SMPD are conducting investigations.
This is a developing story. The University Star will provide more information as it is becomes available.