Baseball to take on TCU and Houston

Texas State redshirt freshman pitcher Cameron Bush (35) pitches to the UT player at bat during the first inning, Wednesday, March 3, 2021, at Bobcat Ballpark. The Bobcats lost 10-3.

After a weekend trip in Houston, Texas State baseball (5-8) will play host to No. 11 Texas Christian University Horned Frogs (8-3) on March 9 and the University of Houston Cougars (7-4) in a three-game series from March 12-14.
The Bobcats are back home after competing in the 21st Annual Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic. The team played three games where they lost to Texas Tech University and TCU before they beat Rice University 9-1.
In their last matchup in Houston, the Horned Frogs defeated the Bobcats in a 10-0 shutout in eight innings.
Leading players for the Horned frogs are junior outfielder Phillip Sikes and freshman outfielder Luke Boyers. Sikes currently has a .419 batting average, 15 RBI and a slugging average of .710. Boyers has a batting average of .372, seven RBI and a .395 slugging percentage for the 2021 season.
The Bobcats and the Cougars haven’t faced off since Mar.1 2020 when the Bobcats won 12-4. The game included three runs from junior infielder Dalton Shuffield and two runs from Faison.
The Cougars have several leading players including senior outfielder Tyler Bielamowicz, junior outfielder Steven Rivas and freshman third baseman Will Pendergrass.
Bielamowicz has a .432 batting average, 11 RBI and a slugging percentage of .811. Rivas is currently batting an average of .375, 12 RBI and a .925 slugging percentage. Pendergrass has a batting average of .296, four RBI and a slugging percentage of .630 for the 2021 season.
Leading players for the Bobcats are junior infielder Justin Thompson and sophomore catcher Peyton Lewis.
Thompson is batting a .391 average, 15 RBI and a .500 slugging average. Lewis has a batting average of .286, two RBI and a slugging percentage of .429 for the current season.
The Bobcats will face off against the Horned Frogs at 6 p.m. on March 9. They will then play the Cougars in a three-game series beginning at 6:30 p.m. on March 12, 2:30 p.m. on March 13 and at 1 p.m. on March 14. All four games will be played at Bobcat Stadium.