SMPD responds to two incidences involving weapons

The San Marcos Police Department responded to an aggravated robbery at Jimmy John’s and an accidental shooting at The Thompson apartment complex Feb. 8 during separate incidences.
At 8:10 p.m., officers responded to a reported aggravated robbery at Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches on Wonder World drive. Restaurant staff reported a man wearing a mask threatened employees with a knife and took cash from the registers and employees’ personal belongings.
The assailant escaped with the stolen money and property before officers arrived.
“SMPD worked with Jimmy John’s staff and were able to locate the suspect at a residence in Guadalupe County at 9:07 p.m.,” the city press release stated.
Police were able to link the suspect to the crime after recovering items from the residence, including the suspected weapon and mask, and several different types of drugs.
“Johnny Sierra III, 31, was arrested and charged with three counts of Aggravated Robbery; as well as possession of controlled substances and possession of marijuana,” the press release stated.
Officers were unable to locate a large portion of the stolen money or property belonging to one of the Jimmy John’s employees.
There were no injuries during the robbery or arrest following the incident.
Earlier, that same evening, a man was injured in his apartment after a firearm discharged and the bullet went through the wall of his apartment.
Police and medics responded to The Thompson apartment complex at 5:14 p.m.
Trevor Deckert, the shooter, who lives in the apartment to the victim’s left, admitted he accidentally discharged his pistol. He was arrested on charges of deadly conduct.
The bullet hit the victim in his forearm and he was transported to St. David’s South Austin by EMS.