San Marcos to end drought restrictions

A river running through one of the surrounding Texas State Parks.

The City of San Marcos will end currently imposed drought restrictions Oct. 4, returning to year-round water conservation rules.
Year-round conservation rules allow for use of sprinklers any day before 10:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m. Hand watering and the use of soaker hoses and drip irrigation is now allowed on any day and any time.
Additionally, at-home car washing is permitted at any time, but must be done using a bucket or hand-held hose with an automatic shut-off device. Washing impervious surfaces is also allowed any time, but is recommended to be limited unless required for health and safety. Wasting water is prohibited at all times.      
According to a press release, year-round conservation rules are implemented when the 10-day average Edwards Aquifer index well level rises above 660 feet above mean sea level. As of Sept. 29, the 10-day average aquifer level was at 663.7 feet, and the daily reading was 662.7 feet.    
Current aquifer levels and full text of the drought rules can be found on the City of San Marcos website at www.sanmarcostx.gov/drought