Texas State shocks Baylor with 12-2 blowout

The Texas State baseball team huddles prior to a game against the Rice Owls, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, at Bobcat Ballpark.

The Texas State Bobcats made a shocking statement win on the road Tuesday afternoon, racking up 14 hits in eight innings to run-rule the Baylor Bears 12-2.
Texas State improves their record to 9-4 while Baylor drops to 8-4.
Despite trailing 2-0 in the fourth inning, the Bobcats scored four times in the bottom of the fourth, including both senior catcher Tucker Redden and sophomore catcher Peyton Lewis taking home plate following two wild pitches.
After taking a 6-2 lead in the 6th inning, junior infielder Wesley Faison broke the game wide open as he slammed a 3-run homer to extend the lead to 9-2.
The Bobcats homered two more times, with junior outfielder John Wuthrich hitting a 2-run homer in the 7th inning and Faison hitting his second home run of the game with a solo homer in the 8th inning to secure the blowout win.
The Texas State pitching staff put up another good performance as freshman Tony Robie received his second win of the season, allowing one run on four hits with one strikeout.
The Bobcats will return home this weekend for a three-game series against Bethune-Cookman beginning on Friday at 6 p.m..