Texas State stretches record to 9-4 over UIW

Photo by: Lauren Hancock | Staff Photographer Granger Studdard takes a cut at the baseball.

Texas State baseball defeated the University of the Incarnate Word 7-4 Wednesday night at Bobcat Ballpark, stretching the Bobcat record to (9-4).
The Texas State offense was led by senior infielder Jaylen Hubbard who had three hits, two scored runs and an RBI in five at-bats.
Cole Coffey had a long-awaited offensive breakout, getting two hits, one RBI and earning a walk in four at-bats. The Bobcats were able to score nine runs in 10 hits.
A total of 15 pitchers were used by both teams throughout the game. Of the eight pitchers cycled through by Incarnate Word, none of them pitched more than one and two-thirds innings, and five of them gave up at least one earned run to the Texas State batters.
Claiming his first collegiate win was freshman LHP Dontae Woodard who allowed one hit, no runs, no walks and struck out two batters in two innings of quality work.
The Bobcats get back to work against No. 25 ranked University of Connecticut at 6:30 p.m. Friday at Bobcat Ballpark.