Student Government passes mandatory sensitivity training for senators, changes food swipe policies, reads new legislation

Student Government meeting in LBJ. Photo by Sonia Garcia

Student Government meeting in LBJ.

Photo by Sonia Garcia

Student Government meeting in LBJ.

Photo by Sonia Garcia

Student Government meeting in LBJ.

Photo by Sonia Garcia

Student Government passed legislation March 11 mandating sensitivity for all senators and also made changes to meal trade policies.

The food service committee signed a contract to make differences to meals on campus. The committee has decided to change meal plans to one more based around dining dollars and meal trade equivalencies. Students on campus will no longer be allowed to swipe for others.

The food service committee wants to “centralize Harris and Commons,” which are beginning to offer more vegetarian and vegan options, as well as the opportunity to use biodegradable to-go boxes, much like the University of Texas.

The Senate passed legislation requiring senators to attend sensitivity training like ALLY training and AtRisk training.

Three new legislative pieces were read during the meeting: one to allow freshman to shadow members of the Senate, another requiring the LBJ Student Center staff to bring more attention to emergency protocols, especially given the construction, a final one to add the names of those lost in the Iconic VIllage fire to the memorial outside of Flowers.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:38 p.m. Student Government meetings take place at 7 p.m. every Monday in the LBJ Teaching Theater.

1 Comment

One Response to “Student Government passes mandatory sensitivity training for senators, changes food swipe policies, reads new legislation”

1. Chanique Skin Cream on April 1st, 2019 7:28 pm

Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told was once a enjoyment account it.
    Look complicated to more delivered agreeable from you!

However, how could we communicate?

• Student Government passes mandatory sensitivity training for senators, changes food swipe policies, reads new legislation

Kerbey Lane Café to take over Saltgrass Steakhouse location

Canvas replaces TRACS

Texas State student pronounced dead after an apparent drowning

San Marcos police officer recovering after being hit by drunk driver

City Council moves to supporting San Marcos as Mermaid Capital of Texas