Student Government President Boreing announces resignation amid allegations of election code violations

President-elect Brooklyn Boreing is among the audience Feb. 28 as she films Conner Clegg’s impeachment hearing.

Photo by

Carrington J. Tatum | Editor-in-Chief

Student Government President Brooklyn Boreing announced her resignation Sept. 8 in a Letter From the President’s Desk, to be effective Sept. 14.
The resignation comes a week after The University Star reported on allegations against Boreing and other former Student Government presidents and cabinet members. The allegations claimed Turning Point USA and its subsidiaries had influenced Boreing’s election through an unreported donation of $2,800 and 25 iPads.
Boreing neither confirmed nor denied the allegations but stated in her resignation letter that the truth doesn’t matter anymore.
“It has come to the point where the truth does not matter, let alone my truth,” Boreing stated. “The only truth that exists is the one that is painted of me.”
In a phone interview with The University Star, Boreing said a part of her resignation stems from what she said is an unsafe environment that the general public is not aware of.
Vice President Ruben Becerra will be sworn in as the new Student Government president following Boreing’s last day in office, according to the guidelines set out in the Student Government Code and Constitution.
Boreing’s last Student Government meeting will be Sept. 10 at 7:00 p.m. in the LBJ Teaching Theater.