Police rescue woman allegedly held against her will by ex-boyfriend

San Marcos Police responded to a welfare concern at 9:58 p.m. Tuesday at the Palm Apartments, which resulted in police finding a woman being held against her will, according to city officials.
Responding officers were asked by the complainant to check on the welfare of a woman who is believed to have been held against her will inside the apartment of her ex-boyfriend, 23-year-old Timothy Gomez.
The Crisis Negotiation Team made contact with Gomez and negotiated with him to voluntarily exit the residence. He was taken into custody without incident.
The victim, located inside the apartment, said Gomez held her against her will for approximately 24 hours, where she was assaulted at least twice with visible injuries.
Gomez was arrested on a charge of burglary of a habitation, continuous violence against family and unlawful restraint. Gomez is currently being held at the Hays County Law Enforcement Center.
Gomez had an active felony arrest warrant from the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office on a charge of burglary of a habitation with intent to commit a felony.
The San Marcos Police Department detectives are investigating the incident.