Redpoint Apartments murder suspect turns himself in

UPDATE: Sept. 17

A suspect identified in a homicide at the Redpoint Apartments May 30 turned himself in Sept. 17 to the Hays County Jail.
Steven Deshawn Crawford, 20, was identified as a suspect in the shooting death of 21-year-old Ivoryana Chante Ballard at the Redpoint Apartments. There is no further information to report at this time. SMPD is not available to answer questions about this case.

UPDATE: May 31

The San Marcos Police Department reports a homicide incident occurred May 30 at the Redpoint Apartments in San Marcos.
At approximately 6:51 p.m., officers responded to reports of a shooting at the apartments, formally known as The Woods located at 650 River Rd., and located the deceased female and identified her as 20-year-old Ivoryana Chante Ballard. Hays County Justice of the Peace Maggie Moreno responded to the scene and pronounced Ballard deceased at 7:41 p.m. Next of kin has been notified.
The SMPD Criminal Investigations Division identified Steven Deshawn Crawford, 20, as a suspect in the murder and issued an active arrest warrant. Crawford’s whereabouts are currently unknown and the shooting is believed to be an isolated incident.
This is the second homicide in San Marcos in 2020.
Anyone with information relating to the current whereabouts of Crawford, or any information pertinent to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Dave Campbell at 512-753-2312 or [email protected].

Original story: 

The San Marcos Police Department reports a person was shot at the Redpoint Apartments at 650 River Road in San Marcos.
Officers on site said no suspect is in custody and the department is working to find out more details.
The University Star will update this story with more information as it is released.