Men’s golf ties for eighth in Little Rock Invitational

Logan Lockwood tied for 35th place at the Little Rock Invitational Oct. 19-20.

Texas State men’s golf tied for eighth place at the Little Rock Invitational Oct. 19-20 in Little Rock, Arkansas with a score of 863 and shot one-under-par.
Rounds one and two took place on Oct. 19 and continued into round three on Oct. 20.
Top 10 scores:

• 1. Little Rock (829, -35)
  • 2. Arkansas State (846, -18)
  • 3. UT Arlington (848, -16)
  • 4. Louisiana-Monroe (849, -15)
  • 5. Louisiana (852, -12)
  • 6. Abilene Christian (853, -11)
  • 7. Southern Mississippi (861, -3)
  • T8.Texas State (863, -1)
  • T8. Lamar (863, -1)
  • 10. Louisiana Tech (866, +2)

After placing second in the Bubba Barnett Intercollegiate, Texas State struggled in the first round finishing in 10th place with a score of 293 (+5).
The Bobcats shot their best in round two combining for a score of 282 (-6). Wrapping up the first day, Texas State trailed Louisiana Tech by two strokes.
The maroon and gold would shoot even in the final round, tying Lamar for eighth place (863, -1).
Little Rock (829, -35) grabbed the top spot on the leaderboard after shooting 18-under-par in the final round.
Texas State freshman hitter Kasper Nyland led the Bobcats with a score of 214 (-2) and tied for 13th on the player leaderboard. Following Nyland was senior hitter Logan Lockwood who shot for 218 (+2). Tying Lockwood in 35th place was sophomore hitter Evan White (218, +2).
Texas State senior hitter Dalton Hankamer shot for 222 (+6). Junior hitter Fabian Sunden finished behind Hankamer shooting for 223 (+7). Closing for the Bobcats was freshman hitter Payne Johnson who shot for 228 (+12)
ULM senior Guillaume Fanonnel led all hitters with a score of 206 (-10).