SMPD searches for armed offenders in second Grove incident

The San Marcos Police Department is searching for two armed offenders believed to be responsible for a Nov. 20 incident at The Grove at San Marcos.
On Nov. 20, SMPD officers responded to an incident at The Grove related to another home invasion that occurred Nov. 17. At approximately 3:41 p.m., two unidentified offenders assaulted and robbed a resident at the apartment complex as the resident was entering his vehicle in the parking lot.
Police say the offenders pointed a gun at the victim and demanded he provide them with his apartment number after forcing the victim into their vehicle. One of the offenders stole the victim’s keys and made entry into his apartment. After stealing items from the victim’s apartment, the offenders ordered the victim out of their vehicle and then stole the victim’s vehicle.
According to a press release, the victim described the offenders as two black males. One of the offenders departed the apartment complex in a 2006 to 2013 white Chevrolet Impala with tinted windows, identical to the one used in the home invasion incident Nov. 17, police say. The Impala has a dent on the hood just above the front grill on the vehicle.
The other offender fled the apartment complex in the victim’s 2007 blue Chevrolet Tahoe with custom black wheels. Both vehicles fled southbound on IH-35 in the direction of San Antonio. Police say detectives strongly believe both vehicles are in the San Antonio area.
Police say the investigation supports the victim being specifically targeted, and that he was likely the target of the Nov. 17 incident. The armed offenders have not been located and the investigation is ongoing.
SMPD does not believe there is a continued threat to public safety, but states residents should remain vigilant and immediately report any suspicious activity the police department. SMPD asks anyone with information about the incident to contact Detective Aubry at 512-753-2306 or [email protected].