Cross country teams take second at Naimadu Classic

Texas State senior Justin Botello finished second in the Naimadu Classic Oct. 17 with a final time of 24:29.90.

Texas State women’s and men’s cross country ended their regular season placing second in the Naimadu Classic Oct. 17 in Abilene, Texas.
The women’s team finished with 48 points while the men’s team finished with 33.

Women’s 6000-meter race:
1. Abilene Christian – 21 points
2. Texas State – 48 points
3. University of Texas at San Antonio – 59 points

The women’s team finished with an overall time of 2:00:22.55 and an average time of 24:04.51.
Abilene Christian secured the top three spots, led by sophomore Irene Rono with a final time of 21:38.60.
Leading Texas State in fourth was senior Sydney Cole with a total time of 22:38.28. Texas State senior Esmeralda Fuentes finished in seventh with a time of 27:37.80.

Men’s 8000-meter race:
1. Abilene Christian – 31 points
2. Texas State – 33 points
3. UTSA – 57 points

The men’s team finished with a total time of 2:10:49.60 and an average time of 26:09.92 among the runners.
Coming in first, Abilene Christian finished with a total time of 2:11:42.32 and an average time of 26:20.47.
Texas State senior Justin Botello led the way for the Bobcats, finishing with an individual time of 25:29.81 to secure his second-place spot.
In fifth, Texas State freshman AJ Tyler finished with a time of 25:42.78.
Abilene Christian junior Kevin Kipkosgei led all runners with a time of 25:25.90.
The Bobcats will compete in the Sun Belt Conference Championship Oct. 31 in Mobile, Alabama.