Women’s basketball’s weekend series against Little Rock postponed

Texas State senior guard Avionne Alexander (1) dribbles the ball around Lamar sophomore guard Kayla Mitchell (0), Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020, at Strahan Arena. The Bobcats won 69-53.

Texas State women’s basketball’s (4-5 overall, 1-3 Sun Belt) home doubleheader against the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (5-4 overall. 1-1 Sun Belt), scheduled for Jan. 15-16, has been postponed due to COVID-19 concerns on the Trojans’ side.

The Sun Belt Conference has plans to reschedule the games for later in the season but has yet to decide on the specific dates. 

These are the second and third games to be affected by COVID-19 concerns for Texas State, following the cancelation of the Bobcats’ game against the University of Incarnate Word on Dec. 9. 

Including these games, four out of Little Rock’s six conference games have now been postponed.

Texas State’s next games will be at home against the University of Louisiana at Monroe on Jan. 22-23.

For more information on Texas State women’s basketball, visit Texas State Athletics’ website.