Soccer to play 6 games in spring

The Texas State women’s soccer team embraces following their second goal of the game, bringing the score to 2-1 against the University of Louisiana at Monroe, Sunday, Oct. 25, 2020, at the Bobcat Soccer Complex. The Bobcats won 3-1 over the Warhawks.

After being eliminated in the first round of the Sun Belt Tournament on Nov. 3, the Bobcats will return to play against teams preparing for their conference tournaments and/or the NCAA Fall Championship, which were pushed back to the spring. Texas State will play six games, including two at the Bobcat Soccer Complex.

The first two games will be played in San Marcos. First up is Houston Baptist University, which Texas State faced Sep. 6, on Feb. 14, followed by the University of North Texas on Feb. 28.

For their first away game, the Bobcats will head north on I-35 to face the University of Texas at Austin on March 5.

On March 13 Texas State will play Texas Christian University in Fort Worth.

On March 27 the Bobcats will head to College Station to face the Texas A&M University Aggies.

Concluding the spring schedule Texas State will travel to San Antonio to play I-35 rival the University of Texas at San Antonio for the first time since Aug. 30, 2019. The Bobcats won that contest 1-0 and have a 5-3-2 record all-time against the Roadrunners.

All six games will be official contests that count towards the teams’ official records.

Texas State finished the fall portion of the season with an overall record of 4-9-1 and a Sun Belt Conference record of 4-4-0. The Bobcats were eliminated from the conference tournament by the sixth-seeded Troy University, losing 1-0 in extra time.