61st Faculty Senate is voted on

61st Faculty Senate is voted on

Alex White leads the last Faculty Senate meeting of the semester. Photo by Julie Gonzales

Julie Gonzales

Julie Gonzales

Julie Gonzales

Julie Gonzales, News Reporter

May 8, the last Faculty Senate meeting of the semester, the senate discussed and voted for the 61st Faculty Senate.

The newly elected officers include the new Chairman Janet Bezner of health professions, Vice Chair Natalie Ceballos of liberal arts and Secretary David Nolan of fine arts and communication.

Leaving the Senate are former chairman Alex White of science and engineering, officer Ting Liu of education, officer Michel Conroy of art and design and officer Augustine Agwuele of liberal arts.

A powerpoint expressing a concern for the non tenor line and fellowship development line was presented by Agwuele. A discussion about paid faculty leave followed the presentation. Currently, faculty receives 100% of their salary when taking one semester off and receives 50% of their salary when taking two semesters off.

Summer Faculty Senate meetings were finalized. The Senate will meet once on June 26 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and July 17 from 4 p.m tp 6 p.m in JCK 880.

During the school semesters, Faculty Senate hold meetings in JCK 880 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays.

About the Contributor