Bobcat softball falls to Baylor

Photo Courtesy of sports information.

Texas State softball team suffered a loss to the Baylor University Bears by a score of 1-4 on Wednesday night at Bobcat Softball Stadium. They are 9-11 overall and have yet to play a game which affects Sun Belt Conference standings.
Baylor got on the board first with a three-run home run breaking the scoreless tie in the top of the third.
The Bobcats fell into a rhythm in the bottom of the fourth but came up short of scoring leaving two on base. Sophomore infielder Tara Oltmann got the first hit of the game with a single through the right side.
The Bears came back at the top of the sixth earning two hits and bringing in a run.
Texas State answered with their first run of the game in the bottom of the sixth when outfielder Christina McDowell scored on a wild pitch.
The Bobcats could not keep up the momentum against the Bears losing with a fly-out to right field and leaving three on base.
Texas State will be staying home this weekend in a three-game series against No. 11 ranked the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, starting off the SBC season. The series against the Ragin’ Cajuns will start on Friday at 6 p.m.