The animal shelter receives custody of 175 animals, searches for owners

The sign in front of the San Marcos Regional Animal Shelter adoption center, a public facility. 

The San Marcos Regional Animal Shelter took custody of 175 animals Nov. 8 following an animal-rescue mission.
Information concerning the animal rescue and investigation is currently unavailable, but only a quarter of the animals have microchips. The shelter is actively trying to reach out to potential owners of the animals, and recovery of the animals will be conducted only by appointment.
The remaining unchipped animals are currently being re-evaluated and will be up for adoption soon. According to a press release, many of the animals are suffering from a variety of health issues.
Those who have missing animals and believe they may be among these animals are encouraged to email a photo and details of their animals to [email protected].
The shelter will continue modifying hours as seen fit for the next one to two weeks to accommodate the influx of animals.
The shelter is currently taking donations for:

• disposable heavy grade aluminum pans (12.75×10.3 in.)
  • Disposable paper food trays
  • cat/kitten toys
  • puppy pads
  • pine/cob/pellet litter
  • senior cat canned food
  • PetSmart or Tractor Supply gift cards

For more information about the San Marcos Regional Animal Shelter, visit their website.