Student Government reopens Cabinet position applications, elects Boreing-Becerra election investigation committee chairperson

Star File Photo

Photo by Jaden Edison

Student Government elected Senate Pro Tempore Keely Freund Oct. 15 to chair the Boreing-Beccera election campaign investigation committee, re
Following the creation of the committee last week, Sen. Freund and Sen. Ana Flores were nominated to chair it. The Senate voted for Freund to head the committee after both candidates gave quick speeches on their interests in the investigation.
During the Presidential Report, President Ruben Beccera Jr. said the applications for Cabinet positions are reopening. They were recently filled, but two directors left, leaving the diversity and outreach, and freshman council director positions empty. Becerra encouraged senators to apply and said the positions will be filled in the coming weeks.
Director of Student Services Bodie Fry said he is working on legislation with Parking Services to create a “forgiveness program” for parking citations, where students would potentially be able to donate canned goods or clothing to Parking Services as an alternative to paying parking tickets.
Student Government meetings are held at 7 p.m. every Monday in the LBJ Teaching Theater.