Shots fired on campus over night

Update: 2:40 p.m., March 5.
University police have identified the campus shooter from night of March 3 and booked the suspect on four charges.
Damarcus Reshaud Jackson, 19-year-old San Marcos resident allegedly fired a stolen gun on the Texas State campus between 11: 00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. The bullet was fired toward Angelina Residence Hall where a dispute took place between the alleged shooter and another individual.
A call reporting the incident was received by UPD at 11:30 p.m. and the suspect was apprehended within 15 minutes according to Matt Flores, assistant vice president for university advancement-communication.
The suspect was booked at Hays County Jail on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, deadly conduct, theft of a firearm and unlawful carry of a weapon in prohibited places.

Update: 1:07 p.m., March 4.
At 1:01 p.m. the University News Service sent an email to students, faculty and staff with an update identifying the assailant as a male, and clarifying that he was arrested within minutes of the incident.

UPD arrested the man with assistance from the San Marcos Police Department and will be pressing charges against him. The man shot the gun due to a disagreement he had with another person on campus according to the statement. No injuries were reported.

Gunshots were fired on campus near Angelina Hall according to the TXState Alert system.
An individual, who is reportedly not a student, was arrested before 2:30 a.m. by members of the University Police Department, after the person fired towards the residence hall.
The Star will update the story as more information is discovered. UPD was not available for comment at this time.