Texas State Homecoming v. the University of Louisiana at Lafayette 10/31

Texas State Head Football Coach Jake Spavital (center) lines up with the Bobcats before the start of the Homecoming game against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State sophomore tight end Jackson Lanam (87) carries the ball around University of Louisiana at Lafayette freshman cornerback Trey Amos (21) for a first down, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State sophomore running back Brock Sturges (5) carries the ball upfield around the University of Louisiana at Lafayette defense, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State Head Football Coach Jake Spavital (left) discusses the game with sophomore starting quarterback Brady McBride (2) during the first half against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State sophomore punter Seamus O’Kelly (99) prepares to punt the football back to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette during the Homecoming game, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State sophomore quarterback Brady McBride (2) scans the field for an opening in the defense before passing the ball during the Homecoming game against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State junior quarterback Tyler Vitt (11) and junior wide receiver Trevis Graham Jr. (14) talk on the sidelines during the game against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State sophomore running back Brock Sturges (5) dodges University of Louisiana at Lafayette redshirt senior defensive lineman Tayland Humphrey (99) and freshman defensive lineman Mason Narcisse (90) as he carries the ball upfield for a first down during the Homecoming game, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State junior wide receiver Marcell Barbee (18) jumps over a University of Louisiana at Lafayette defender to catch a 33-yard pass in the endzone and score, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 44-34 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State sophomore quarterback Brady McBride (2) hands the ball off to freshman running back Calvin Hill (22) to make a run through the University of Louisiana at Lafayette defense during the Homecoming game, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• Texas State sophomore running back Brock Sturges (5) slips past University of Louisiana at Lafayette defenders to score the Bobcats’ final touchdown of the night, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.

• The Texas State Strutters perform their dance routine to “Strut” following the conclusion of the Homecoming football game against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats lost 34-44 against the Ragin’ Cajuns.