Student Government holds first spring meeting

Student Government senators listen while legislation is read on the floor.

Photo by Jakob Rodriguez | Assistant News Editor

Student Government kicked off its spring legislative session on Monday by reading two pieces aimed at saving students time and money.
The two pieces, the Rides for Cats Authorization Act and the Resolution to Reduce the Cost of in Classroom Resources, will be voted on during next week’s meeting.
The Rides for Cats Authorization Act was defined as a Student Government attempt for Texas State to partner with the ride-sharing company Croozen. “Rides for Cats” would offer a ride-sharing service for Texas State students through an official university program. The service gives students the ability to connect with peers for long-distance ride-sharing services.
The Resolution to Reduce the Cost of in Classroom Resources aims to lower the cost of textbooks. This semester, Student Government hopes to cut down the auxiliary cost of education including but not limited to third-party software subscriptions, websites, or devices, as well as Sapling Learning, Clickers and TopHat.
Student Body President Connor Clegg also said Student Government raised over $3,000 for the Hays County Food Bank utilizing leftover student meal swipes. Over just four days, six thousand donations were contributed by students.