Planning and Zoning Commission approves request to build single-family homes

San Marcos City Hall.

The Planning and Zoning Commission approved a request Sept. 11 from Standard Custom Homes to build 22 single-family townhomes in San Marcos.
The motion, which included an amendment to cap impervious cover and maintain best practices before and during construction, passed with all in favor except for Commissioner Kate McCarty.
The proposed homes to be developed will range from 1,400 to 2,200 square feet and will cost $270,000 to $440,000. The development will take place at the 400 block of Stagecoach Trail.
The commission approved the motion with the amendment citing residents’ concerns over run-off, stormwater, sewage development and impervious cover.
The developer’s request included being granted a conditional-use permit in a residential zoning district to begin developing the townhomes.
Greg Standard, who spoke on behalf of Standard Custom Homes, said they wanted a conditional-use permit so they could sell the townhomes and reduce impervious cover during the development stages.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets 6 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesday of every month at City Hall.