Police respond to armed auto theft overnight

The San Marcos Police Department and university police responded to an armed robbery, Feb. 7. SMPD responded to a report at 3:28 a.m. of shots being fired at Hutchinson street and Moon street.
Kristy Stark, interim director of communications for the City of San Marcos, said there was no active shooter and the individuals apprehended were juveniles.
Three juveniles were identified to be involved in the theft of a silver 2011 Subaru Outback with a license plate number FLH9140, stolen at the Local Downtown Apartment complex. The vehicle was left unlocked with the keys inside.
One of the juveniles was taken to an area hospital after suffering from an accidental self-inflicted gun shot wound to the calf with a sawed-off shotgun. The second one is currently being questioned by police.
The third juvenile, the weapon and the car’s whereabouts are still unknown. SMPD is asking the public to contact local law enforcement if there are any sightings of juvenile or car. The incident is currently being investigated by SMPD since it took place off-campus.
Police are not releasing more information as of now due to the involvement of minors.