Wimberley man released by ICE officials

Protestors stand outside the Hays County Sheriff’s Office, Jan. 31, demanding the release of Victor Alejandro Avendano-Ramirez.

Photo by Jakob Rodriguez | Assistant News Editor

After protest and petitions, a Wimberley family will hold a press conference Feb. 21 after the return of their father who was detained by immigration officials.
Victor Alejandro Avendano-Ramirez, a Wimberley resident who was detained by Kyle police on Jan. 30 for not coming to a complete stop and then held by ICE was released to his family on Feb. 20.
Avendano-Ramirez’s daughter, Nataly Avendano worked with Mano Amiga, Dream Activist, Wimberley Indivisible and local congregations asking for the release of her father.
On Feb. 21, Nataly Avendano and her family with Mano Amiga and Wimberley supporters will be holding a press conference at 3:30 p.m. at the parking lot of Wimberley Village Library.
According to a release, Avendano-Ramirez is represented by Sara Ramey of the Migrant Center for Human Rights.

• Victor Alejandro Avendano-Ramirez has been freed & reunited with his family, after being detained by ICE for three weeks.

Photo courtesy of Mano Amiga