White nationalist banner posted on exterior of Alkek Library

The banner on the left reads

The banner on the left reads "America's a white nation," posted on Alkek Library by a neo-Nazi group Oct. 30. The banner on the right reads "America is not a white nation," posted anonymously on Alkek Nov. 2 .

Jakob Rodriguez

Photo by May Olvera | Opinions Editor

Update, 9:43 a.m.: Thursday morning, a banner was placed on the east side of Alkek, where a white nationalist banner was posted Monday.

The banner read, “America is not a White Nation,” and responded to the previous propaganda placed around Texas State’s campus.

Photo Courtesy of Kaliegh Benck

Early Monday morning, students spotted a banner displaying the phrase “America is a White Nation,” on Alkek Library. Several students tweeted at the library’s account about the banner and it has since been removed.

The Alkek Library Twitter account responded to one of the social media postings.

“Texas State UPD was notified and this was removed,” stated the tweet.

The banner was posted on the side of the Albert B. Alkek library facing the Quad. White supremacist propaganda has been found on Texas State’s campus over the past months, the most recent being Oct. 20 in the form of a flier.

Matt Flores, university spokesperson, said UPD is continuing to investigate.

“The president has repeatedly condemned messaging that is aimed at dividing the university community,” Flores stated in an email response.