Women’s basketball releases 2020-21 Sun Belt Conference schedule

The Texas State Bobcats huddle and cheer before the start of a game against Georgia State, Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020, at Strahan Arena.

Texas State women’s basketball is ready to return to action following the release of its 2020-21 Sun Belt Conference schedule. 
The Bobcats will open up conference play Dec. 31 when they play the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
For its home opener, Texas State will face the University of Troy Jan. 7. Both men’s and women’s conference schedules have been compressed; they will play games more frequently to accommodate the late start. The Bobcats will complete conference play against the University of Texas at Arlington Feb. 27, in Arlington.
Following conference play, the maroon and gold will head to Pensacola, Florida, for a shot at the Sun Belt Conference championship.
After a 6-2 start, the women’s basketball team had a rough go during the 2019-20 season. The team finished 6-12 in conference play and 13-17 overall. The Bobcats exited the conference tournament in the first round after a loss to UT Arlington.
Looking forward to the 2020-21 season, Head Coach Zenarae Antoine will take on her 10th season as head coach for the Bobcats. During the offseason, the Bobcats promoted Jericka Jenkins to assistant coach after being with the team for two seasons as a graduate assistant and video coordinator. Texas State also welcomed Martie Swinhoe as a graduate assistant.
Returning this year is leading scorer junior forward Da’Nasia Hood, who the Bobcats will once again lean on. Junior guard Kennedy Taylor and junior center Jaeda Reed will also take the court again.
Texas State awaits to hear if there are any other changes to its 2020-21 season schedule.
Full conference schedule:
Dec. 31 versus Little Rock, Little Rock, Arkansas.
Jan. 2 versus Arkansas State, Jonesboro, Arkansas.
Jan. 7 versus Troy, San Marcos, Texas
Jan. 9 versus South Alabama, San Marcos, Texas.
Jan. 14 versus Louisiana Monroe, Monroe, Louisiana.
Jan. 16 versus Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana.
Jan. 21 versus Arkansas State, San Marcos, Texas
Jan. 23 versus Little Rock, San Marcos, Texas.
Jan. 28 versus Georgia Southern, Statesboro, Georgia.
Jan. 30 versus Georgia State, Atlanta, Georgia.
Feb. 4 versus Coastal Carolina, Conway, South Carolina.
Feb. 6 versus Appalachian State, Boone, North Carolina.
Feb. 11 versus Louisiana, San Marcos.
Feb. 13 versus Louisiana Monroe, San Marcos, Texas.
Feb. 18 OPEN
Feb. 20 versus UT Arlington, San Marcos, Texas.
Feb. 25 OPEN
Feb. 27 versus UT Arlington, Arlington, Texas.