City Council rezones and reallocates at Wednesday’s meeting

File Photo

Photo by Shayan Faradineh | Managing Editor

City Council met Nov. 8 and held two public hearings and voted on one non-consent item on the agenda. The meeting was held on Wednesday instead of Tuesday because of Election Day.
The first public hearing began with staff giving a presentation concerning an approximately 85-acre plot of land along the north side of Center Point Road. The developer of the property asked the council to rezone part of the land to a Smart Code Special District, changing the regulations and requirements of the development of the land.
The second public hearing was about extending the time frame for the Master Development fee payment for LaSalle Municipal Utility District. The LaSalle MUD is seeking to create four additional districts and council agreed to extend the payment time frame for the process.
The non-consent item relocated the unused stipend for Ed Mihalkanin, Place 3, to the drainage utility fund. The vote passed unanimously.
Before the meeting, City Council met in an executive session. According to the agenda, the session regarded “Project Panel and Project World Series.” The council did not comment on the contents discussed behind closed doors.