Protesters march and gather in San Marcos 10/1

Protesters march while holding signs and chanting, demanding racial justice in support of the Black Lives Matter movement during an organized protest, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, near the Hays County Historic Courthouse.

• Protesters march while holding signs and chanting, demanding racial justice in support of the Black Lives Matter movement during an organized protest, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, near the Hays County Historic Courthouse.

• Protesters march while holding signs and chanting, demanding racial justice in support of the Black Lives Matter movement during an organized protest, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, around the Hays County Historic Courthouse.

• Organizers Tyreonta Norman (left), Dierek Montes (middle) and Najha Marshall (right) kneel and hold their fists in the air in front of a Black Lives Matter mural off Guadalupe Street, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, in San Marcos.

• Organizer Tyreonta Norman (left) stands beside Tiera Johnson (right) as Johnson sings during a demonstration in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, outside of the Hays County Historic Courthouse.

• Attendees of an organized protest in support of the Black Lives Matter movement listen as organizer Diereck Montes speaks in front of the crowd, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, outside of the Hays County Historic Courthouse.

• Protesters sit on the lawn outside of the Hays County Historic Courthouse after marching downtown during an organized protest in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, in San Marcos.

• Organizer Tyreonta Norman leads protesters in a march around the Hays County Historic Courthouse during an organized protest in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, in San Marcos.

• Protesters gather for a photo in front of a Black Lives Matter mural off Guadalupe Street during an organized protest in support of Black lives, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, in San Marcos.