UPD issues trespass warnings to those who posted fliers on campus

Star file photo

Star file photo

Star file photo

Star file photo

Denise Cervantes

The University Police Department released a statement in regards to the flyers and banners posted on campus. UPD did not specify which flyers the statement was in regard to. Most recently, banners were posted on Alkek Library Oct. 30.

UPD issued criminal trespasses and warnings Dec. 3 to the five men who posted the flyer, according to the statement. These warnings will allow UPD to issue criminal trespass warnings.

None of the men are enrolled at Texas State and were detained at the San Jacinto Parking Garage. According to UPD, the men met after several of the fliers were posted by the Music building and near the Quad.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “UPD issues trespass warnings to those who posted fliers on campus”

1. Jhai Jendal on December 10th, 2017 5:35 pm

As a Hispanic male looking in from the outside here is what I see: White males are starting to become aggravated from the constant attack on their race by the blacks. Blacks continue to whine about racism that for the most part is only there in their minds. Blacks are pulling the race card as the number one thing to do in all situations. They label anyone as being a racist who doesn’t agree with them and who doesn’t help them in their cause, no matter what it is. I see whites as starting to stand up against that and they are increasingly becoming less afraid to do so. Black people need to know that calling everyone a racist is going to backfire on them. . You might as well say the sky is falling!

2. UPD issues statement on flyers from previous semesters | The University Star on July 30th, 2018 10:24 am

[…] statement comes four months after the most recent incident and is a compilation of already reported facts. UPD states eight men are responsible for the […]

• UPD issues trespass warnings to those who posted fliers on campus

Former teacher at San Marcos High School wanted for sexual assault

Kerbey Lane Café to take over Saltgrass Steakhouse location

Texas State student pronounced dead after an apparent drowning

San Marcos police officer recovering after being hit by drunk driver

Suspected drunk driver hits SMPD officer