Trainers give community a helping hand

Heat Bootcamp will open its San Marcos location in late February and from now till then 10 percent of the proceeds will go to the Hays-Cardwell Women’s Center. Photo courtesy of Heat Bootcamp.

A new fitness complex is coming to town, but the first step before its grand opening is to help the San Marcos community.
The Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center will benefit from the generous donations coming from Heat Bootcamp’s membership pre-sales.
Cody Butler, founder and co-owner of Heat Bootcamp, and Cody Richardson, co-owner, are bringing the spirit of the Austin-originated facility to San Marcos.
Upon the announcement of a second location, a poll was posted on Heat Bootcamp’s website and social media handles stating that 10 percent of the proceeds made on their pre-sale memberships for the new San Marcos location would be donated to the non-profit organization that received the most votes, which was Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center.
Close runner-ups included Hope and Love for Kids and School Fuel. Heat Bootcamp notified these organizations that the fitness complex plans on giving back to them in their future events.
“As a company it’s always our mission to give back to the community in which we are in,” Butler said, “Throughout the years we have raised tens and thousands of dollars for various organizations and charities.”
Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center is a non-profit organization serving victims of family violence, dating violence, sexual assault and child abuse since 1978. Last year Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center served 1,877 victims. Its most popular program is the non-residential program, where they provide legal or personal advocacy and counseling to witnesses and victims of abuse.
While the center receives federal and state funding, every dollar donated is much needed and appreciated, according to Melissa Rodriguez, director of operations at Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center.
“It’s of the utmost importance to have local support,” Rodriguez said. “10 percent from businesses or other fundraising events goes a long way. It says ‘we are invested in helping victims in the community’.”
Over a decade ago, Butler founded Heat Bootcamp in Austin where he grew the company with co-owner Richardson. It has been two years in the making for them to open this new location.
For about five years, Richardson has been a trainer at Heat Bootcamp after moving on from a career in disc golf. He is in touch with the Texas State disc golf team and hopes to expand their relationship.
“Personally, I make donations to organizations on my own, but as a public business hopefully I can reach out to more organizations,” Richardson said.
When creating a team of trainers, Heat Bootcamp looks for individuals who are empathetic, understanding and naturally willing to help others.
Butler and Richardson said they are excited to find a community they can easily reach out to and be part of in San Marcos.
A variety of training times are offered everyday, so all will have an opportunity to make it out and break a sweat.
Heat Bootcamp, located across Buzz Mill, is expected to open in late February. The fitness complex is selling $50 memberships for 30 days of unlimited sessions with 10 percent of the proceeds still being donated to the Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center. More information can be found at http://www.heatbootcamp.com/smtx