Bobcats continue losing streak after Georgia State loss

Graphic by Shayan Faradineh | Managing Editor

The Texas State men’s basketball team is now on a seven-game losing streak after falling to Georgia State 77-50 Feb. 22.
The Bobcats are now 14-15 on the season and 7-9 in the Sun Belt Conference after the matchup at Strahan Coliseum. Georgia State improved to 20-8 overall and 11-4 in the conference.
“I am just asking these guys to come out and fight,” Head coach Danny Kaspar said. “Right now, this is mental more than physical. We need some leadership on the team. We did not look anything like the team that won 9 out of the 11 before Christmas.”
Georgia State opened the game with a big three-pointer. Texas State quickly answered with six points.
With 12 minutes in the first half, the Bobcats took their biggest lead of the night 20-15.
Going into the halftime, the Bobcats followed Georgia State 35-25.
Coming from the half, the Bobcats were able to add two points to their score with 16:15 left in the game. The Bobcats trailed 49-27.
The final points of the game were granted to the Bobcats after two free throws from Eric Terry, sophomore forward, making the final score 77-50 with 20 seconds on the clock.
Nijal Pearson, sophomore guard, led the team with 17 points, seven boards and two steals.
Tre’Larenz Nottingham, junior guard, finished with 10 points and a team-high of five assists. Immanuel King, senior forward, blocked two shots and grabbed six rebounds.
King is now five blocks shy of tying former forward Kavin Gilder-Tilbury with the fifth most career blocks, 68, in team history.
The Bobcats will wrap up their last two games at Strahan Coliseum before heading to the Sun Belt Conference Championship Tournament March 7 – 11. The Bobcats will play Georgia Southern Feb. 24 at 4:30 p.m. and the University of Texas Arlington March 2 at 6 p.m.