Soccer heads to Louisiana in hopes of improving record

Texas State senior midfielder Kayla Streber (11) prepares to kick a soccer ball, Friday, Sept. 11, 2020, at the Bobcat Soccer Complex during a game against Lamar University.

Texas State women’s soccer will take on the University of Louisiana Monroe Warhawks and the University of Louisiana Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns.
The first game against ULM will take place at 7 p.m., Oct. 2, in Monroe, Louisiana. The matchup against ULL is scheduled for 1 p.m., Oct. 4, in Lafayette, Louisiana.
The Bobcats are now 1-6-1 overall and 1-2-0 in the Sun Belt Conference following a tough weekend losing to both Arkansas State (0-2) and Little Rock (0-2).
The Warhawks have an 0-3-0 overall record and an 0-2-0 record in conference games. The last time the Bobcats played the Warhawks, Texas State came away with a 5-0 win, the most goals from the Bobcats since 2013.
Last year ULM struggled, finishing with an overall record of 3-13-2 and a conference record of 0-10-0.
The Ragin’ Cajuns have an overall record of 3-3-0 and a conference record of 1-2-0.
The Ragin’ Cajuns last played the Bobcats Sept. 20, when Texas State won 3-2. The Bobcats were led by sophomore forward/midfielder Kiara Gonzales and junior midfielder/forward Ally Kewish, who both finished the game with three shots and one goal. The Ragin’ Cajuns led in shots on goal (7-6) but could not keep up with the Bobcats as they scored twice with six minutes left in the game to win.
For more information on Bobcat soccer visit the Texas State Athletics site.