Bobcat soccer to take on Little Rock for second season matchup

Freshman goalie Beth Agee (0) kicks the ball back into play after preventing Arkansas State from scoring, Saturday, Oct. 10, 2020, at Bobcat Soccer Complex. The Bobcats lost 1-0 in overtime.

Texas State soccer (2-8-1 overall, 2-4-0 Sun Belt) will try to break its two-game losing streak with a win against the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (2-4-0 overall, 2-2-0 Sun Belt) at home Oct. 18.
The Bobcats last played the Trojans Sept. 25 at the Coleman Sports Complex in what ended in a 0-2 loss for Texas State. Both of Little Rock’s goals were scored in the second half; the first by senior midfielder Morgan Smocovich and the second by senior forward Doro Greulich. The Bobcats had a slight advantage in shots against the Trojans (11-10) but failed to convert on their opportunities.
Texas State senior midfielder Renny Moore and sophomore midfielder Bailey Peschel were consistent leaders in the game with two shots each and two shots on goal by Moore.
Doro leads the Trojans with two goals, followed by Smocovich and junior midfielder Abril Lucio with one each.
The Bobcats suffered a tough 0-1 loss in their last outing Oct. 10 against the Arkansas State Red Wolves. The game-winning goal was scored by Arkansas State freshman forward Darby Stotts off a penalty kick early in the second overtime period after a controversial foul call in the box.
Kickoff against Little Rock is set for 1 p.m. at the Bobcat Soccer Complex.