Volleyball to host UT Arlington in last two regular-season games

Boko the Bobcat holds up the Texas State hand sing along with the Texas State cheerleaders during a volleyball game against the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020, at Strahan Arena. The Bobcats won 3-0 against the Trojans.

No. 11 Texas State volleyball (19-1 overall, 14-0 Sun Belt) is set to play the University of Texas at Arlington (9-5 Sun Belt) in another double-header matchup Nov. 13-14 at Strahan Arena.
The first of the two games will be played Nov. 13 at 6 p.m. and the second will be played Nov. 14 at 1 p.m.
Texas State is undefeated in conference play and will look to extend its 16-game win streak. If the Bobcats win both games this weekend they will secure their third consecutive Sun Belt Conference regular-season title.
The Bobcats are ranked No. 11 in the AVCA Coaches Poll, the highest-ranking in the program’s history, after sweeping Arkansas State University in three games last week. Texas State was previously ranked at No. 13.
On Nov. 10, junior outside hitter Janell Fitzgerald was named the Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season. This award comes after Fitzgerald’s incredible individual performance against Arkansas State, capped off by setting career-highs in kills (30) and blocks (six total, five solos) in the series finale against Arkansas State.
The Bobcats lead the Sun Belt in hitting percentage (.257), assists per set (13.56) and kills per set (14.51). They also rank second in opponent hitting percentage (.141), third in blocks per set (2.20) and fifth in digs per set (17.10).
Texas State remains dominant on the Sun Belt individual stats leaderboard. Fitzgerald is fifth in kills per set (3.86) in the Sun Belt. Junior setter Emily DeWalt remains the leader in assists per set (11.49).
On the defensive side, junior defensive specialist/libero Kayla Granado ranks ninth in digs per set (4.34).
The Mavericks are ranked first in digs (19.96), and third in both kills (13.46) and assists (12.24) per set.
Two UTA players hold top 10 spots in the Sun Belt for kills per set: junior outside hitter Brooke Townsend (3.17) and freshman outside hitter Brianna Ford (3.05). Sophomore defensive specialist/libero Alli Wells leads the Sun Belt in digs per set (6.69).
Texas State is coming off yet, another three-game sweep (3-0, 3-0, 3-2) against Arkansas State.
The Bobcats tallied 154 kills, 142 assists, 185 digs and 24 blocks against the Red Wolves. DeWalt recorded her 45th double-double of the season with 52 assists and 17 digs in the third game against Arkansas State.
UTA is fresh off a three-game series against the University of Louisiana-Lafayette where they won one of three games (2-3, 1-3, 3-1).
The Bobcats hold a 28-7 all-time record against the Mavericks with Texas State winning each of the last 12 meetings.
Following this game, Texas State will travel to Foley, Alabama for the Sun Belt Conference Tournament Nov. 18-22.