Bobcats sweep Georgia Southern and are now on an eight-game win streak

Photo by Victor Rodriguez | Staff Photographer

The Bobcats were able to secure their eighth straight win Oct. 20 sweeping the Georgia Southern Eagles in three straight sets (25-19, 25-20, 25-19).
The win puts the Texas State volleyball team one win closer to securing the Sun Belt Conference one seed before going into the tournament and competing for the conference Title.
The Bobcats jumped out to an early lead in the first set, with good play by Joscelin Morrow and junior Madison Daigle.
The Bobcats went on a six-point run to jump out to the 12-6 lead, a lead the Bobcat would not give up for the remainder of the match wining
The second match was the same story for the Bobcats with the team being able to make fewer mistakes than the Eagles, and capitalize on some of the defensive issues that Georgia Southern was experiencing. The match was more back and forth with four lead changes.
The third set wrapped up the game for the Bobcats winning 25-19 with the team securing their eighth straight win.
The Bobcats next game is Oct. 21 against Georgia State in Strahan Coliseum at 6:30 p.m.