Bobcats clinch No. 2 seed of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament

File+photo.

File photo.

The Texas State soccer team clashed with South Alabama Oct. 22 falling 2-0 at the Bobcat Soccer Complex.
With a season high of 800 fans in attendances, they enter the tournament as the No. 2 seed.
The loss against South Alabama breaks a seven-match winning streak for the Bobcats which was tied for the second longest winning streak in program history.
The Bobcats finish the regular season 8-2-0 in the Sun Belt and 10-5-1 overall.
The Jaguars seemed to be the aggressors in this game. The Bobcats were playing defense, and the Jaguars were attacking throughout the game.
In the 28th minute, Jaguars midfielder Selma Bjorgvinsdottir crossed the ball from the left side to her teammate Hardy who kicked the ball right past sophomore goalie Heather Martin’s hand and into the net.
The Jaguars second goal came halfway through the 71st minute when Hardy split the Bobcat defenders and launched the ball right over Martin’s hands and into the right corner of the net.
Martin had a career-high 10 saves in the game which is the most by a Texas State goalkeeper since 2010 when Natalie Gardini had 10 stops against Lamar. Her 10 saves are also tied for the seventh most ever by a Texas State goalkeeper in a match.
The Jaguars outshot the Bobcats 21-9 with 12 shots on the goal. The Bobcats had no shots on the goal which is surprising seeing as they’ve scored at least 3 goals the last five games.
The Bobcats will play either Georgia Southern or Coastal Carolina in the first round of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament which will be held Nov. 1-5.