Best Sandwich: Jimmy Johns

Jimmy John’s is conveniently located on the Square near other food and drink options. Photo by Tyler Jackson | Multimedia Editor

The “Italian Night Club” is one of the most popular choices at Jimmy John’s, the number one sandwich shop in San Marcos.
With 2,630 locations Jimmy Johns is never too far away. It offers a quick meal between classes or a casual hang-out spot for students. However, what puts this sandwich shop over the competition is it is one of the only places that will bring the food to its customers.
Cody Phillips, assistant manager, describes Jimmy Johns as an upbeat environment with a lot of energy.
“It’s a great honor and we appreciate that we were selected,” Phillips said.
Jimmy Johns gives students a place to stop and eat in between the busy schedules.
As the logo illustrates, the company has been feeding customers since 1983 with a menu of more than 17 unique sandwiches. Jimmy Johns is located at 117 E. Hopkins Street and 1290 Wonder World Dr #201. The Hopkins location is open every day from 11-3 a.m. while the Wonder World location is open every day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. making it perfect eating after a night out on the Square or a midnight snack.