Best Hair Salon: San Marcos Hair Company

San Marcos Hair Company. Photo by Victor Rodriguez | Staff Photographer

San Marcos Hair Company offers more than haircuts and styles, every hair service is a unique and high-quality experience in the heart of downtown San Marcos, which is why readers voted it the best for 2017-18.
The salon, tasked with keeping Bobcats in style for 33 years, is known for its popular haircut happy hour,.
Janaa Chrystal, the owner of the salon, began working as a stylist at the salon while attending Southwest Texas State University in 1982. Three years later, Chrystal purchased San Marcos Hair Company. As a young entrepreneur, Chrystal made it her goal to give San Marcos residents the best hair in town.
Chrystal said she is excited over her salon receiving the award and said the title had been awarded many years ago.
The success of San Marcos Hair Company can be attributed to the location, the laid-back atmosphere, the quality and the low prices.
Offered weekly, the salon’s happy hour gives clients high-quality haircuts for a discounted price 3-5 p.m. every Tuesday through Thursday.
“We’ve had our happy hour for years and it is our way of giving back to the community,” Chrystal said. “Sometimes (people) need a haircut and may not have the money, so it comes in handy for students as well.”
For more information, visit San Marcos Hair Company at www.sanmarcoshairco.com. The location is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The location is closed Sunday.